Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:03 pm
Momiji is driven, sometimes to the point of excluding all other pursuits but that which she's deemed most important. She can be taunting, loud, and sometimes arrogant. She is a tease and a flirt, and rarely lets anyone get close to her. Her temper is fiery hot, and she is stubborn to the point of never admitting she was wrong, and rarely saying she is sorry. She can certainly be hedonistic at times, but keeps from allowing herself too much happiness – this can stem from both not feeling as though she deserves it to feeling it too much of a distraction. This dichotomy of craving decadence and denying herself the same often leads to a sort of binge and purge type of lifestyle.
Story Thus Far:
Momiji was born to a pair of shinobi parents who both greatly involved themselves in the brief war between Konoha and Kiri, both of whom were unfortunately among the relatively few casualties of the conflict. Growing up with family in the Uzumaki clan, the girl was groomed to be shinobi, herself, but had an obvious problem with authority and often lashed out by harming her classmates at the Academy or stubbornly refusing to go to class. Still, despite her attendance and behavioral issues, she graduated without issue – this, of course, is when the real problems began to occur.
Her teamwork as a Genin was abysmal, and she resented the team's Jounin sensei seemingly on principle. They completed missions mostly by virtue of the trio being functional on their own, and the two boys on the team being bullied into whatever plan that the fiery redhead came up with. Still, they often got in over their heads with whatever it was they were doing – especially with things such as lost pets or the like – and had to be rescued or guided by their sensei. This, of course, only pushed Momiji to rebel further, not wanting to be hand-held and unsure if she even wanted to be a shinobi, given what happened to her parents.
The final straw came when the team entered into the Chuunin exams. During a portion of the exam that all three participants must succeed at, Momiji did not account for one of her teammates' weaknesses, and pushed them into a situation where they could not succeed. Instead of redetermining the plan, she insisted they go ahead, and thus ended up failing the exam and returning again as Genin. Her teammates blamed her, and their sensei, simply trying to help, began several teamwork exercises. For Momiji, who by now thought the entire shinobi process a waste, that no matter how well you do, you cannot rely on others – even your own spouse – to save you, disconnected from the lifestyle entirely.
Looking for something, anything, more meaningful to her, she found a man who promised a change to the world. Dubious but wanting to reach anything at all that might be different from the status quo, she agreed to join his group, and quit being a ninja entirely. As she was only a Genin, when she officially resigned and left the village, none were particularly concerned. That could possibly have been a mistake.
Points and Currency:
Total Character Points:
Active Character Points:
Unspent Character Points:
Might, Will, and Fate:
Five Smoke Bombs
Five Flash Bombs
This is my character's custom item thread.
Fūinjutsu Specialists can understand, learn, and use fūinjutsu. They are automatically trained in the Enclosing Technique and the Unsealing Technique, and receive three scrolls which, if lost, they can replace upon entering a village (unless that village is hostile to the character). They are well-versed in analyzing, formulating, and disrupting seals. They receive a tier to their Wisdom when using fūinjutsu or interacting with seals and they can create any of their seals without paper or tools, transforming their calculations into ink with nothing but chakra at a touch. Fūinjutsu Specialists can create up to S-Rank customs for fūinjutsu.
Genjutsu Experts can understand, learn, and use genjutsu. They may bypass the requirement to state the use of A-Rank genjutsu, and may pierce genjutsu of A-Rank and below without the use of Genjutsu Kai's hand seal (though they still have to expend the Stamina). For every two tiers of Wisdom a Genjutsu Expert has over an opponent, their genjutsu is treated as a rank higher for the purposes of the cost of piercing the genjutsu with Genjutsu Kai (with a maximum of S-Rank). Genjutsu Experts train genjutsu at half their normal word count. Genjutsu Experts can create up to S-Rank customs for genjutsu.
Ninjutsu Masters can understand, learn, and use ninjutsu. They use half as many hand seals as would otherwise be required for all techniques (which may reduce the number of required hand seals to zero). Ninjutsu of a chosen element are treated as a rank more powerful (up to a maximum of S-Rank; if an Attribute-boosting technique has its power increased in this manner, its returns also diminish at a Minor Advantage less per tier). Ninjutsu Masters receive a tier to their Coordination for the purposes of aiming, and can perform hand seals as if the Attribute used were a tier higher for all techniques. Ninjutsu Masters may select two techniques that they know, and permanently reduce the number of hand seals required to use it to zero. Ninjutsu Masters receive a pool of 60 Stamina Points that may only be spent on ninjutsu. They can create up to S-Rank customs for ninjutsu. Chosen Element: Water Release. Chosen One-handseal Technique: Water Release: Water Formation Wall. Chosen Zero Handseal Technique #1: Adamantine Sealing Chains. Chosen Zero Handseal Technique #2: Uzumaki Sealing Technique.
This is my character's custom technique thread.
SAs and Flaws:
Uzumaki Blood: Momiji is allowed a fourth pick from her clan's Special Abilities.
- Fuuinjutsu Specialty: This Uzumaki has deep understanding over their clan's specialty in fuuinjutsu. Fuuinjutsu and seals used by this Uzumaki cost one rank less stamina when used. Wisdom bonuses granted by the Fuuinjutsu fighting style are treated as an advantage higher. Note: This does not stack with the discounts given by Bijuu Suppression.
- Rapid Recovery: This Uzumaki was born with their clan's ability to recover more swiftly than most others. Poisons also take an additional turn at each constitution tier when working against this Uzumaki, they always stabilize when bleeding out, and they receive two Fate Points. These Fate Points are treated as quick healing and recovery from an attack, thus minimizing damage, rather than dodging it and minimizing damage.
- Second Wind: This Uzumaki was born with the large chakra reserves common to their clan, and they are able to regularly push passed their limits. Once per topic, they may regain 20% of their chakra.
- Bijuu Suppression: This Uzumaki was born with a powerful chakra, extraordinary even among the Uzumaki. It is well-suited for being a jinchuuriki, and use of certain Uzumaki Hiden. The Adamantine Attacking Chains and Adamantine Sealing Chains techniques cost one-rank less stamina. Character Point totals needed for jinchuuriki related training are 10% less, and this character is capable of surviving a bijuu extraction, though they are left exhausted in the process.
- Looks Like an Angel: Momiji is a rather attractive individual, objectively more than most, one might say.
- Forgotten Legacy: Momiji may perform one-handed handseals.
- God Only Knows: Momiji is an incredibly adept liar, and only those who might specifically know she is telling an untruth (because they know the truth) or who have a special ability dedicated to rooting out the truth may know when she is telling a lie.
- Masochist: For each 1 point of Durability Damage (from Constitution) that Momiji takes, she regains 1 SP, with a maximum of 80 at Godlike.
- Convolution: In order to break Momiji's Genjutsu via pain, the enemy must inflict 10 Damage to their Durability. If no Durability is remaining, the injury must be sufficient to this level of Damage. (stabbing oneself in a non-fatal area, breaking a bone that is not a finger or toe, etc.)
- Powerful Chakra: Momiji sets aside 25 of her Stamina Points for her Powerful Chakra pool. This can be used in conjunction with her normal Stamina Points to pay for techniques. Any technique with at least 5 points of its cost paid for from Powerful Chakra deals 10 additional damage.
- Uzumaki Blood: This one is free
- Fuuinjutsu Specialty: Because of her focus on Fuuinjutsu, Momiji has let certain other skills lack. Despite being of the Shinobi Origin, she cannot use Taijutsu Techniques without the Skill. She also may not later buy this Skill.
- Rapid Recovery: When Momiji uses two Fate points (and not just those granted by the Rapid Recovery Special Ability), she loses a tier of Constitution. This includes any Durability that tier of Constitution might have given.
- Second Wind: When Momiji uses this ability in a topic, things are dire. She begins to lose sight of her logical thinking process, and loses a tier of Wisdom for the rest of the topic.
- Bijuu Suppression: Momiji is an Uzumaki prodigy, inheriting her family's strong chakra and innate talents, but this is obvious to the enemies this hurts the most. Bijuu and Jinchuuriki gain a tier of Wisdom for the purpose of precognition in order to deal with her attacks.
- Devil in Disguise: Momiji has a terrible reputation as a tease. This can lead, through some convolution, to others being able to recognize her via Wisdom as though her rank were one higher.
- Took You Away: One-handed seals are exhaustive. In order to use this ability, 5 additional SP must be spent on the technique.
- The Blood On Your Hands Isn't Yours: Momiji may lie for absolutely no reason, just to see if she can get away with it. If she's ever caught in a lie like this, it is reasonable for everything she's ever said to come into question. This is especially distressing to her, and she will lose a tier of Wisdom should this ever come to pass.
- Deviant: Momiji likes pain. Because of this, she may see an attack coming and just decide to let the chips fall where they may. Her Wisdom, for the purpose of Precognition only, is permanently treated as though it is one tier lower.
- Tied in Knots: The convoluted nature of Momiji's Genjutsu may eventually be figured out into a pattern. If three such Genjutsu are broken with pain, then Convolution does not function for the rest of the topic.
- But At What Cost: If Momiji exhausts her Powerful Chakra pool, she loses 25 SP.
_________________You love me for everything
You hate me for
Last edited by Momiji on Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.